James Matthews and Pippa Middleton at a tennis match. photo: Instagram
Pippa Middleton, 33, younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, Britain’s future queen, Kate Middleton – will be marrying her fiancé James Matthews, 41, this Saturday.
With this wedding being the closest thing to a British royal wedding, the British press has generated a ton of coverage on the entire process leading up to the actual day itself.
With an estimated spending of nearly S$450,000 (the price of a new four-room BTO flat) on the wedding ceremony, and 15 times the cost of an average British wedding, this event makes for rather big news.
We’ve gathered everything there is to know!
Who is she marrying?
The couple is seen at St.Marks church for Christmas service. The church will be host to their solemnisation ceremony this Saturday. photo: Instagram
- James Matthews, 41, is a multimillionaire hedge fund manager and chief executive of Eden Rock Capital Management Group in London.
- He has two brothers, one of whom, Michael Matthews, died in 1999 at the age of 22 after becoming the youngest Briton to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
- The Matthews family created the Michael Matthews Foundation which build schools to provide education in remote places.
- He did not go to college and entered the finance sector as a trader before setting up Eden Rock in 2001.
- He owns a palatial house in Chelsea and has his own private jet as well.
How did they meet?
With Pippa's mother, Carole Middleton after a concert. photo: Instagram
- They became friends after the Middleton family had a vacation at James’s family resort in the Caribbean.
- Reportedly dated for a short period in 2012 but broke off after.
- In 2015, the two rekindled their romance and announced their engagement less than year later.
Her engagement ring?
- A huge octagonal ring that features a three-carat Asscher-cut diamond with an estimated value of around 200,000 pounds from Robinson Pelham.
Where will the wedding take place?
- Their solemnisation ceremony will take place at a 12th-century church near the village of Bucklebury, where the bride grew up.
- And followed by a marquee reception that will be held at the bride’s parent’s Bucklebury home which has an 18-acre garden.
What will the bride be wearing?
The couple seen together after church. photo: Instagram
- There’s been speculations surrounding the designer of her wedding dress and they look to be Giles Deacon, Amanda Wakeley or Jenny Packham.
- Milliner and veil specialist Stephen Jones also seems to be involved in the creation of the bride’s actual day look.
- The bride has also reportedly been getting in shape for the last three months, doing intensive work-outs that includes, yoga, Pilates, spinning and cardio!
Who is invited?
- Aside from the respective families, with Prince George as page boy and Princess Charlotte as bridesmaid; Prince Harry’s girlfriend, American actress Meghan Markle is also set to attend the wedding.
- Queen Elizabeth II is not expected to attend.