Photography Elvina Farkas/Anue Management Styling Bryan Goh Hair Christvian Goh/Trimmings Salon & Spa, using Kevin.Murphy Makeup Melissa Yeo/Fac3inc, using Burberry Beauty Model Boglarka/Looque Outfit Max Mara Earrings Kate Spade Location The Sanchaya
We're calling this the zero-maintenance party look, where smudges are nothing to worry about and touch-ups are hardly necessary. You can get a smokey eye, luscious lips and to-die-for cheekbones that will make you the star of any party.
Step 1: Highlight just your cheekbones
Because we really don't need to highlight every darn spot. The sweetest spot is the top of the cheekbones to define the face. "Sweep the highlighter from there upwards, and stop right before you reach your temple. Going all the way makes you look greasy under the party lights," says makeup artist Sha Shamsi. Then, let Insta filters do the rest.
Seven highlighters to try:
1. M.A.C Snow Ball Face Powder in Happy Go Dazzling, $46
2. 3ina The Highlighter in #201, $23
3. Sephora Collection Wonderful Cushion Luminizer, $20
4. Milk Makeup Holographic Stick, $49, from www.hypebeauty.net
5. Nyx Professional Makeup Strobe of Genius Holographic Stick, $16
6. Nars Sculpting Multiple Duo in Copacabana/Sidari Beach, $60
7. Burberry Beauty Fresh Glow Highlighting Luminous Pen in #01 Nude Radiance, $54
Step 2: Wear a glitter lip gloss
Why it's a winner over any kind of lip makeup: It gives you enough oomph and hint of colour without requiring skill and precision (more lip glosses here). It fades to nothing after drinks, bites and kisses instead of patches of lip colour that draw immediate attention. And it even makes dry lips look better.
Seven glitter glosses to try:
Get the natural look with these: Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in #07 Honey Glam ($36) & Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in Glitter ($38).
For juicy, youthful-looking lips, use these: Fresh Sugar Cream Lip Treatment in Gilt ($36) & Sephora Rouge Shine Lipstick in #05 Shining Moment ($19).
Want an even bolder look? Try these ones with extreme glitter: M.A.C Snow Ball Frost Lipstick in Shimmer & Spice ($33), Becca Liquid Crystal Glow Gloss in Topaz Gilt ($33) & Girlactik Lip Pearls Duo Glosser in Jubilee ($32, from www.hypebeauty.net).
Step 3: Use a cream eyeshadow stick
Because when the colour creases or smudges, all you have to do is smooth or clean it up with a finger, and you're good to party some more. We love these four flattering shades:
1. Burberry Beauty Eye Colour Contour Smoke & Sculpt Pen in #116 Dusky Mauve, $46
2. Laneige Two Tone Shadow Bar in #3 Orange Island, $38
3. Sephora Collection Waterproof Colorful Shadow & Liner in #40 Call Girl, $18
4. Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint For Eyes in #12 Massive Midnight, $28
This story was originally published in the December 2017 issue of Her World magazine.