There is a plethora of skincare ingredients being touted and raved about all the time – from skin-quenchers like hyaluronic acid and squalene to skin-builders like ceramides and collagen.
But according to almost every dermatologist and skin expert, if there’s one skincare ingredient that everyone’s skin needs, it is vitamin C.
What vitamin C does for your skin
Vitamin C is one skincare ingredient that really does it all.
Firstly, it is a gold standard antioxidant that shields skin from all the external damage it faces daily – pollution, stress, UV rays, and free radical aggressors – so that signs of ageing are warded off.
The ingredient is also linked to increased collagen production in skin, meaning that it also boasts anti-wrinkle benefits and is able to firm sagging skin.
Another benefit of vitamin C? It keeps skin naturally glowing, radiant and clear as it speeds up cell repair and turnover so dullness and tired-looking complexions are a thing of the past.
Spotted: The Vitamin C with all the right numbers
But not all vitamin C serums are created equal. The vitamin C in a skincare formula needs to be in an active form to have an effect on the skin, and it needs to be of a certain percentage to have good efficacy.
On the other hand, the formula also needs to be meticulously concocted so that it is tolerable for the skin and is stabilised. This is because vitamin C in too high concentrations can cause skin irritation, and as it is a volatile compound and is sensitive to light and heat, it can easily become unstable and cannot be delivered properly into the skin.
Here are all the reasons why Vichy’s Liftactiv Vitamin C Freshshot is one trusted formula to pick if you’re looking for a do-it-all vitamin C cure for your skin.
- 15% pure vitamin C. The serum has the highest over-the-counter concentration of vitamin C in the market to give skin immediate benefits of improved firmness.
- 10 day results. Talk about a guarantee, Vichy LiftActiv Freshshot promises to diminish fine lines, firms skin and boost radiance in less than 2 weeks – 10 days to be exact.
- 11 ingredients. The ingredients list is of utmost importance in a vitamin C formula because the more ingredients there are, the higher the likelihood that the formula is less effective and less stable. This serum has only 11 essential ingredients, all carefully calibrated to work with the vitamin C for the ideal results.
- 0% nasties. There’s absolutely no fragrance, colorants, silicones, and parabens, plus the formula is hypoallergenic so it is safe for all skin types.
- pH 2.5. This is the ideal pH level for a vitamin C serum to have in order to penetrate skin effectively. Skin cannot absorb vitamin C that has a pH above 3.5. Vichy's LiftActiv Freshshot is tested to have a pH level of 2.5, which is another plus point of this vitamin C skin cure.
- 87 years of skincare experience. Since 1931, Vichy has been a trusted skincare brand with formulas that are created with pharmacists and dermatologists. They are stringently tested under medical supervision to ensure the highest level of safety and efficacy.
Vichy’s Liftactiv Freshshot is a 10 day Vitamin C skincare serum that fights dull complexions, fine lines and loss of firmness in the skin. Available for $52 at all Watsons, Guardian and selected hospitals and pharmacies from April 2018. Find out more here.